Gilbert and Louise Morris have been married for 69 years. The couple was married on July 6, 1946 by the Rev. O.S. Gardner in the parsonage of the Olive Branch Methodist Church, which was then located on Main Street in Shelbyville.
They are still living on the farm they purchased in 1956 where they once had a dairy, grew tobacco, corn and hay.
He raised beef cattle after ending his dairy operation and kept cattle until his 90th year. He worked at the Shelby County Road Department, starting after he turned 65. He retired after his 80th birthday.