A Mount Eden family has been left homeless after a house fire destroyed their home Saturday.
Bobby and Jessica Loving were at home, at 7609 Hempridge Road, when the fire broke out Saturday afternoon at 3:30 p.m.
Lt. John Butler with the Mount Eden Fire Department said the fire started in the kitchen.
Jessica Loving, he noted, had been cooking and went outside to check on her grandchildren. While she was still outside, her husband, who was mowing the grass, saw smoke coming from the house.
The house was a total loss, Butler said.