An early-morning fire Tuesday destroyed a home in Mount Eden.
Mount Eden Fire Chief Doug Herndon said there were no injuries in the blaze, but the residents have been left homeless. He doesn’t have their names yet, he said, because no one was there when the fire started.
“Nobody was at home at the time the call came in” at 5:35 a.m., he said. “It was reported by neighbors.”
Herndon said the newer two-story home on the 1300 block of Martin Nethery Lane was completely destroyed and said a pet cat died in the blaze.