- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Here are five items for Friday night:
1. I was looking forward to tonight's scheduled 30th District boys' basketball game between Collins and Anderson County, a rematch of the past two district championship games, but unfortunately it didn't happen. It seems, due to the weather, Anderson County couldn't get transportation to Shelbyville. Veteran Bearcats Coach Glen Drury reached deep into his bag of tricks on that one. Just kidding;) The game has been rescheduled for Jan. 14. The Titans' game against Mason County at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis at 2:30 p.m. tomorrow is still on, though.
2. The Shelby County girls' basketball team's game against Iroquois scheduled for today at Central Hardin didn't go off either, apparently there was a schedule mixup. The Rockets (7-3) host winless Tates Creek (0-12) at 2:30 p.m. tomorrow at Mike Casey Gymnasium.
3. On to games that were actually played tonight...the Shelby County boys' basketball team picked up its third victory of the season with a 61-40 win at Grant County. Sophomore point guard Malik Manica led a balanced scoring attack for the Rockets with 12 points. Shelby County (3-10) will host Louisville Collegiate (4-3) at 7:30 p.m. tomorrow night. The Titans - the ones from Grinstead Drive - beat the Rockets 87-66 last season.
4. In girls' basketball action, Meade County beat visiting Collins 69-34 tonight in Brandenburg. The Titans (3-6) next hosts North Bullitt (10-1), which lost its first game of the season today, falling 70-60 to Ballard at the same Central Hardin event that Shelby County was scheduled to play in.
5. Charlie Strong to Texas? He'd be crazy to turn the job down if it was offered to him. And at this point, the way everyone else is pulling their name out, he may win the job by default.