- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Here are five items for Friday:
1. We've got a good slate of high school basketball games tonight in the area. The most intriguing is the Collins vs. Montgomery County game at Scott County in the semifinals of the Toyota Classic. There are a couple of obvious storylines here: 1. Chris Gaither faces his former coach, Happy Osborne; and 2. the Indians feature guard Bryan Wallace, who starred at Shelby County last season. Speaking of the Rockets, they host North Oldham tonight in an 8th Region contest. Meanwhile the Shelby County girls play at Spencer County in a 30th District game in Taylorsville. The last two meetings have been decided by 1 and 3 points, so this one could be interesting.
2. I heard Willie Cauley-Stein had knee surgery today. Bad news for him and the Wildcats. For his shake I hope he's not out too long.
3. I already thought Lance Armstrong was a jerk before Thursday night's televised interview with Oprah, but now I think he's even more of a jerk. His days of being relevant are over. Good riddance buddy.
4. So now it looks like Manti Te'o may have really been the victim of an elaborate hoax (honestly, I wasn't quite sure yesterday and I'm still not sure today), but he still went along with the story even after he knew he was dupped so he still is culpable in my book.
5. I watched the end of the Heat-Lakers game last night. I have to say, the Lakers are awful. I'm not sure they're going to make the playoffs, and quite frankly, I hope they don't.