A fire that may have started in a chimney destroyed a home at 573 Henry Smith Road near Simpsonville Tuesday. A tenant, Jessica Barnett, was home at the time the fire started, but she was not injured.
Firefighters from Simpsonville, Shelby County and Eastwood fire departments fought the blaze. The fire was in the walls of the building when firefighters arrived on the scene just after 11 a.m. Tuesday, Simpsonville Fire Chief Walter Jones said.
If you subscribe to the newspaper, you receive FREE access to all the exclusive content of the web site! Simply register to receive uninterrupted access to our award-winning and in-depth local online content!
Renew Current or Past Subscription / Register for Online Subscription
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Sentinel-News, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
New Subscription/30 Day Free Trial Account
If you are new to the award winning Sentinel-News and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.
Create a limited access account. Register to participate in community forums, post on the community calendar, blog etc. This registration does not give you full access to read our award winning content, etc.
The Sentinel-News | firstname.lastname@example.org | 502-633-2526 P.O. Box 399, 703 Taylorsville Road, Shelbyville, KY 40065 Office Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday