- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Catalpagreen is moving along just like construction across the street at Collins High School.
The new subdivision, by WAZE Development, is located on Discovery Boulevard by Collins, and the final plats for phase 1 of sections 12, 13 and 14 were approved by the Triple S Planning and Zoning Commission at Tuesday’s meeting.
The plans for each section are nearly identical to the original plans submitted and will include no-maintenance homes and patio homes. This portion of the 440-acre development will be directly across from the entrance of the school and its athletic fields.
In the center of this portion of the development will be a drainage lake with homes surrounding it. The lake will be landscaped with sidewalks surrounding it. There will also be two other ponds that feed into the central drainage lake.
Also at approved at the meeting:
• An amended request for Osprey Cove Section 2, phase B that allowed the front building lines on lots 13, 14 and 15 to be moved up from 25 feet to 15 feet from the curb to match the existing lines on the street. The developers are also building one-story condos on the three lots instead of two-story fourplexes. This will change the lots’ occupancy from 12 homes to seven.
• Division of East Lake Field Farm, zoned agricultural, splitting the home and five acres from the rest of the 85.5 acres.
• Division of The Allen Homestead on Bagdad Road. The property, zoned agricultural, split 15 acres from the 109.25-acre plat.
• Division of Pulliam Estates on Hempridge Road. The 184-acre property is zoned residential, and although the division of 10-acre lots is approved, there are no immediate plans for sale or change.
• Gave chairman Gil Tucker authority for a partial bond release on Cloverbrook Farm after a discrepancy was found between the agenda’s amount and the amount listed in the committee’s packet.